Technically known as Rhytidectomy, a Facelift is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck, such as:
1. Sagging in the midface
2. Deep creases below the lower eyelids
3. Deep creases along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth
4. Fat that have fallen or are displaced
5. Loss of muscle tone in the lower face that may create jowls
6. Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw that can make even a person of normal weight appear to have a double chin
Rejuvenation procedures typically performed in conjunction with a Facelift are Brow Lift, to correct a sagging or deeply furrowed brow, and Eyelid Surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes.